Thursday, May 11, 2006

quirkiness r us


Do you ever stop and think about how strange you are? I mean seriously? If not, take a step back and think about it. You are Strange! I am Strange. Really really Strange! I was laughing at myself today. I do that pretty often, I mean I have to otherwise I will go nuts! So today I was doing dishes at church and I was in a nice shirt and skirt and of course I have water all over me. I can't do dishes with out getting my clothes wet. I was on my computer today. I have a little alert that lets me know if I have new mail. It says I don't but I checked it about 10 times today anyway. I can't stand closed toed shoes. Tennis shoes or any closed toed shoes make me feel confined. I wear tennis shoes to work out and as soon as I get in my car or back in my house I change into flip flips almost immediately. I don't like being sun burned but I def. want a tan. You think I would have figured out a happy medium of an spf that would work for me, but yet I many times go with out instead! (I know I know skin cancer... .this is not harp on mel time this is mel is strange time) COTTAGE CHEESE. I have never actually tried it, unless it was cooked in my lasagna... but the look and texture of it grosses me out so much that I hate it. I hate cottage cheese... butI have never tried it. You can tell if I am hungry because I stop talking and let's be real I talk alot so you know something is wrong if I am silent. I have to have the satisfaction of hitting my alarm clock several times before waking up so I set my alarm clock about an hour earlier than I really want to be up. It really bothers me when the people at SUBWAY don't put new gloves on before they make my sandwich. I don't do anything about it but I can't stand pickles or mustard or olives or peppers near my sandwich. Since this is a make it your own way place I feel as if it should truly be my own way. I am like crawling out of my skin when I see someone touching pickles and then cutting the sandwich and there is a little bit of mustard on their gloves and they ask me oh so nicely... what kind of sandwich would you like? I would like one with no pickle juice or mustard germs please!

I know I am strange. I know there is an endless list that can be added on... I also know that if my nearest and dearest friends could add onto this list I may run . I am strange. You are strange... but I love who God made me to be... do you love who God made you to be? I do! Thanks for being you!

5 comments:

Rachel Ehrhard said...

Remember...no matter how weird you are...you'll never be as weird as me : )

lubke-moss said...

Rachel took the words straight from my mouth. Your weirdness can never compare with all that is Candace!

Anonymous said...

Mel-
Hi my name is Nick- long time listner, first time caller...

Sorry, that was my attempt at humor.

I read on CNN.com yesterday that Black Jack, MO does not allow 3 or more people to live together unless they are blood related. Weird fact about your hometown!
I am heading off to Haiti on Saturday, I would appreciate your prayers. I have also been dealing with this prayer thing and having same quesitons you do.

Candace and I wish you lived closer, we miss you!

Nick

Rachel Ehrhard said...

uh two weird things...

thing number one...uh I saw the thing about black jack too...I just wish that they would have been too caught up in busting those non-blood related living situations to give me my last speeding ticket...ugh.

and thing number two...nick moss (who I think I remember from LYF days as being attached to Redeemer or something...) is going to be haiti this weekend...I'M GOING TO BE IN HAITI THIS WEeKEND!!!! weird.

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl! It has been a long time. I saw your mom and dad on Mother's Day and they gave me your blog address. I enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you are having a blast. Just wanted to know I am thinking about you. Debbie Griffiths