

Do you ever have moments that you all of a sudden feel a lot older or that you wonder where the years have gone? I am young to some, old to others and confused at times where I am with it all. I turn 25 this summer... it seems like a big number to me, I am fine with turning 25, doesn't scare me, but there will be a big ole party this year!! (3 of us turn 25 within 3 weeks!) Ok back to the point of all of this...
My friend David and I went to school from Kindergarten until 12th grade together. We were the only two that went to the same highschool we went to. We have a lot of memories from my oldest brother breaking their garage door window while babysitting, to my getting a pencil stuck in his cheek, to teachers we loved, teachers we couldn't stand and our projects... oh our projects. We made some of the most creative history projects. Made a video for a CNN contest and more. These projects would be intense. We spent hours upon hours on them. David got married a year or two ago (I apologize, weddings are starting to blend together) to Erin. I remember my mom telling me about 7 months ago that they were expecting. Then in November they had their Baby boy!!! While I was home I went to visit David. The strangest feeling came over me as he opened the door at his parents house holding a new born! WOW! My friend, that I knew in Kindergarten has a child on his shoulder and it's his!!! Now I used to make my guy friends play with baby dolls in Kindergarten but this was so different.
I am so happy for David and Erin and the whole family. What a Blessing they have been given, but all of a sudden I thought to myself... wow life doesn't slow down and we are ALL GROWN UP.... I think a lot of people think starts or stops at certain times, certain era's. At my university many people would think or make you think that life didn't start until you had a ring on your finger. NOT TRUE. Others think it doesn't start until you have a certain kind of job, make a certain amount of money or are a certain age. I've got news for all of those who think that... my life has been going for over 24 years and I don't want to pretend like those didn't happen! Those have been awesome years! I look back and enjoy what I have had, I look forward to what is to come, and I love just enjoying what I have right now!!!
Above is a picture of David and his son who looks so much like him and me holding Isaac as well.
3 comments:
Then you have the people that think your life ends once you get married or have children..... I'm with you. I enjoy all of my life and try my best to appreciate each "phase". Time stops for no one, so enjoy the moments that God gives to you.
It was good to see you at K-dawg's wedding! Hope you can make it down in February!!! Take care Melly.
My philosophy as stated on my favorite t-shirt....
LIFE IS GOOD!
Hmmm...you're looking good with that baby yourself, sis! I thought since you've been commenting on my blog I should return the favor =)
Post a Comment