

Hello in bloggerland!
So I am sitting here writing my lesson plan for confirmation tomorrow night and I remembered that it is my baptismal birthday. WOW. I think we so easily forget about this very special day! Twenty-four years ago this morning my parents did something very special, they brought me in front of the congregation and in front of God and spoke for me in the faith. They along with my Godparents Cathy and Wayne promised to help raise me in the faith and teach me about Christ.
I just want to thank mom and dad and Cathy and Wayne and my Grandma's and brother for loving me and for all the people at our church back home that said they would help with that.
I have had the privledge since to be the Godmother to two amazing children, Jessie and Luke. What a special job God gives us as other Christians to help teach, disciple, mentor and guide other Christians and visa versa.
May you take some time to remember your baptism today, whether its when you wash your hands, take a shower or just see water, remember how you have been washed clean and the eternal life you have with the Father!
Above is a picture of me and my Goddaughter Jessie and then My Godson Luke.
1 comment:
Happy Baptismal Birthday, Mel! I am so sorry that I let it slip by without a call or a card. It was a very special day for all of us...you wore my Christening gown. You have continued to shine for Jesus...he has used you as a very important tool...your love for Jesus shows in all you do and say. I love you! Have a special week. MOM
Post a Comment