



So folks, here it goes. Its been a little less than a week since I have been back to Cali from St. Louis and a ton has happened. I got stuck in Denver for a couple extra hours comiong back. It was blizzard like. We watched almost an entire movie while sitting on the runway waiting to be de-iced. I house sat from Tuesday through Friday for a house in the country. I love going out there for a while... feeding the horses and dog and all the other animals and just hanging out with out the craziness of "city life" happening.
So the time finally came... well two times finally came... first of all my dear Kendra is officially engaged.. Congrats Kendra and Brian.
The second thing.... the 100k (65mile) bike ride finally came. The Cinderella Classic in rolling Dublin California. HOLY COW! It kicked my rear.... literally. Let me set this up for you. It's Dublin California. The hills are rolling, but yet there is the valley floor too.. The internet said that there were two minor hills on the ride... ha... there might have been two minor ones but there were like 7 major ones. To top it all off... it was rainy and cold and winds were coming at us or a combination of cross winds that were coming at us at 15-20 mph!!! HOLY COW!!! We got to 43 miles and to the base of a mile and a half hill and decided that the winds coming right at us and pedaling at the lowest gear possible. Here are some pictures.....
More later but the Sunday Night line up is on and I hurt REAL BAD!
2 comments:
Girl...you know I'm impressed...
I wish there were places to ride around here : (
but for me...everything is a major hill!
WAY TO GO...YOU ROCK...YOU'RE AMaZInG!!!!!! Good Work.
Hey Mel, Way to go...dad and I are very proud of you. So guess the blue skies in the picture didn't last too long. That's a shame that the weather was bad. Keep up the good work. Cinderella Classic...perfect name for your first big ride. Love you, MOM
Post a Comment